On Monday, I had the chance to look back through my journal. There are a lot of Magic deck lists, a bunch of old unfinished to-do lists, guitar rig setup notes, and lots of random notes from sermons, books, my quiet times, and journaling sessions. Some were refreshing to reread and some were absolutely frightening to read. Here are some that I wanted to share. If I have time, I would love to unpack these ideas further into songs or maybe even into blog posts."The Shack is your heart. When you walk up to that shack and as you reach up to that door knob, that door will swing open and guess what? It's God. God's been in your heart, that shack, He's always been there in the midst of all of your junk."
"If God heals us, it's enough. Even if he doesn't heal us, but yet our character is strengthen, it is enough."
"Live like you're told,
Live like a celebrity,
Live like you want,
Live like how your mom wants,
Live like a foolish child,
Live like how Jesus died."
"I hope it's not cancer.
I hope she comes back.
I hope God hears me."
"Religion has the appearance of wisdom, but it has no value."
"We are loved by a God who loves us unconditionally, but yet we are a people who hate unconditionally."
"What and/or who offends you, controls you. If you honor that control, then that person will convert you. That person is like a jailer, who will lock you up, and you will become like that person who offends and controls you. The hardest thing a person with pride can ask someone is this, "Ask me to forgive you." Selfish people hate the truth."
"Partial/beautiful truth = feel good. Whole/ugly truth = be good."
"God cleansed heaven. Jesus cleansed the temple. So must you in your life."
"To be a good father, die to everything, learn to love inconvenience, love those thing that you don't like."
No comments:
Post a Comment